Here’s the Daily ESG Digest for June 17th, Friday.

1. (North America) Net Zero Value Chain by 2045. Global technology, engineering, and industrial software company Emerson announced today the launch of a new climate goal to achieve net zero greenhouse gas emissions across its value chain by 2045. The company plans to reach its new goal primarily through absolute emissions reductions, with targets to reduce Scope 1, 2, and 3 emissions by 90%, and relying on high-quality carbon neutralization activities (carbon offsets) for the remaining 10%. (Link)

2. (Asia) 30GW Renewables Capacity. Malaysian integrated oil and gas company Petronas announced today the launch of Gentari, a new clean energy solutions company to deliver a suite of renewable energy, hydrogen and green mobility solutions and capture energy transition opportunities. (Link)

3. (Global) New Electric Vehicle Joint Venture. Sony and Honda announced the creation of Sony Honda Mobility Inc., a new electric vehicle joint venture, with the goal to begin selling high value-EVs and services for mobility in 2025. (Link)

Check out all articles and reports related to Sustainability and Impact Investment on our official LinkedIn Page.